Kishinchand Chellaram Law College, Mumbai,popularly known as K.C. Law College, is one of the premier law institutions in the city of Mumbai. It is permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai, registered with the Bar Council of India and recognised by the Government of Maharashtra.
Since 1955, the year it was established by the HSNC Board, K.C. Law has been imparting quality legal education to the students. Bearing in mind that law is an instrument of social change, the College has adopted a motto, which says ‘Law is the King of Kings’. The aim of K. C. Law College is to promote excellence in legal studies and its mission is to provide legal knowledge through theory and practice and to make the study of law socially relevant and fruitful. K. C. Law College prides itself in motivating students to achieve excellence in academic and extra-academic activities and to develop strong personal values.
- To contribute to Society through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest levels of excellence.
- To promote quality legal education and training programs to prepare competent and responsible members of the legal profession who actively contribute towards rule of law.
- To provide its students with a diverse,intellectually rigorous learning environment, intercultural and interdisciplinary contextso that they may acquire the professional skills an ethical grounding to become excellent lawyers and leaders in their communities and chosen professions.
- To promote knowledge and understanding of the law and related disciplines by providing its faculty with the resources and intellectual environment to excel in teaching and scholarship
- To create a community, including our alumni, committed to excellence, honesty, openness, deversity and collegiality.
- K. C. Law College has vision towards elevating the standard and quality of legal education to the level of leading law school in the country, seeks to be a distinctive and distinguished law institution with a strong national and comparative focus.
- K. C. Law College aspires to be a nationally and internationally recognised centre of scholarly excellence. We are committed to producing outstanding and innovative scholarship and to providing an environment that advances scholarly discussion and debate.
- K. C. Law College will encourage its faaculty to maintain its commitment to excellent teaching. It will support programs, initiatives and innovations that will serve to further enhance the faculty's performance as teachers.
- K. C. Law College continues to draw a diverse group of students from all over the country. We strive to make K. C. Law College an exciting centre of learning for all of our students. We will provide our students with a versatile education in a stimulating environment that will enhance their professional development.
- K. C. Law College strives to be a diverse and selective law school whose faculty and students will hace a meaningful and far-reaching impact on the law, the profession and society.